Sunday, November 1, 2020

Acrylic Pour Painting

 Acrylic Pour Painting

Last summer and this fall, I have tried a painting technique called "Acrylic Pour" I have to say this is very relaxing and freeing. It is a fun way to play with colour and not be stuck on creating something realistic.

(5 x 7)
 

 


(5 x 7) 

Supplies that you need to do Acrylic pour painting:

  • something to painting on like wood, canvas or paper 
  • acrylics paint
  • silicone or dish soap some people try
  • floetrol
  • pour medium
  • water
  • containers or cups to put the painting in 
  • plastic under area to protect where you are working
  • a tray to catch the paint

I made a video of this process so here is the link.

There are many youtube videos that show the steps as well.

Step one:choose paint colours that complement each other

Step two: put paint in a cup or a few cups depending on how you want to pur the paint on the canvas

Step three: pour paint and tilt the canvas the way you want to 

Step four: you can use a heat gun or hair dryer to help the cells form or use a straw to blow the cells

 


This is a pour painting on acrylic paper.


This feather painting,  I only poured in the middle.




This one I used a feather to make the designs.





I am selling these paintings for $25.00 each except the larger feather one which is $40.00. Message or email me if you are interested.

I have cards that I made with the acrylic pur on paper.

Each card is $5 or a set of 5 for  $20.

 

 You can watch my youtube video 

https://youtu.be/NdGpQ9CHCoM

 





 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment