Thursday, March 31, 2011

Creative Pastel getting Spring Feelinz

Art of Gerber Daisy:

Step one: Find a picture you like and photocopy it.Then Charcoal on the back and trace over it with a pen to make the lines on to another piece of paper. You can also draw the picture or design you want which I have done on other pictures such as the Poppy and Cherry blossoms I have posted.

 Second: start pasteling with the chosen colours. I used yellow and white first.I did use a tissues to smudge the pastels to make the effects I wanted.

After I finished the outer part of the flower I went to the center.

The centre colours I chose were orange, black and red.

This is the finished pastel picture.I did Spray an art fix on the picture so that the pastel wouldn't get on the glass or smudge
.


Then I framed it and put in above our bed and added pllows to make and new spring feeling to our room.

To find our how to do more techniques check out this link:http://painting.about.com/od/pastelpainting/ss/pastels_techs_2.htm

Check out my etsy for pastels on sale.http://www.etsy.com/shop/lauriezdesignz?ref=pr_shop



No comments:

Post a Comment