Monday, May 27, 2024

Being Still - Tiney art show at the Gibsons Public Art Gallery

 

“Being Still” By Laurie MacHale

After has been sick with vertigo for three weeks this spring, I came up with this Tiny series using: “Red” for desire to heal, “Turquoise” for healing and balance, “Yellow” for happiness and hope, “Grey” for calm. Some of the images, I painted represent items that bring me balance or healing. The portraits are representative of one praying to get through this difficult time, having to be still and wanting the nausea to stop and the imbalance to end.

I used affirmations and loving kindness prayers to help me while I was healing.

 

You can see my art at the Gibsons Public Art Gallery for the month of June 2024. 

I will have them for sale.

 

 

Bringing Joy- $40 5x5 Acrylic on wood

Afternoon T- 5x7-$45 acrylic on canvas
Hopeful 6x6 $50 acrylic on wood
Calm- 5x5-$40 acrylic on wood
Sit Still 5x5 $40 Acrylic on wood

 

Clarity 4x4 $20 Acrylic on canvas

Courageous -4x4- $35 Acrylic on wood
Hope 4x4 $20 Acrylic on canvas
Relax 5x5 $40 Acrylic on wood

Stability 5x7-$45 Oil on canvas


Namaste 6x6 $50 Acrylic on wood
Healing- 4x4 $15 Acrylic on canvas

Time out 4x4 $35 oil on wood




No comments:

Post a Comment