Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring Break

Well finally the sun was out after along two weeks of wintery weather that has kept us on our toes. Will it rain, snow, hail or a rainbow? It has made spring break a bit of a challenge in terms of finding fun things to do. Hwever we plugged through. Amara came up to visit us for five days and the girls had a blast. They went swimming, skating and we enjoyed many walks. We did our nails...so spring like and pretty. We chose colours like salmon, lilac, and spring green. It did take many coats to get them perfect!

This past Sunday, Dave and I got out to Dakota Ridge for a beautiful day of sunshine and snow. I had wanted to take the girls to Seymour but the weather turned warm and rain was out so we didn't hit the mountain.

Cooper had a ball playing in the snow, jumping and eating the snow. At the top of the trail we had a picnic with sandwiches and hot chocolate. The view of the mountains and the ocean was spectacular.

I did get alot of gardening done and I am very excited to get the veggie seeds planted this weekend. I even found some carrots growing in a pot on my deck. It was quite a surprise!









No comments:

Post a Comment